Microsoft has released a 90-day evaluation edition for its final version of Windows 8 operating system. This evaluation provides the Enterprise edition of Windows 8 and is available to developers to build and test Windows 8 apps on the final version of Windows 8 and to IT professionals interested in trying Windows 8 Enterprise on behalf of their organization.
This evaluation provides a 90-day trial of Windows 8 Enterprise edition in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, as ISO images in 11 languages. In order to use this evaluation, you must register and the product must be activated online with Microsoft-hosted activation and validation services. Microsoft does not provide technical support for this software. Windows 8 works on the same hardware that powers Windows 7, but still users need to have a 1GHz or faster processor with 1GB (32-bit) or 2GB (64-bit) of RAM and 20GB of hard disk space as minimum setup requirement.
Things to Know Before You Start:
- The evaluation edition will expire and cannot be upgraded.
- To upgrade, the evaluation must be uninstalled and a non-evaluation version of Windows must be re-installed from your original installation media.
- Consider running the evaluation edition in a virtual environment or installing on a separate hard drive or partition. The will allow you to upgrade your original Windows installation to Windows 8.
- During registration (required) you must login with a Microsoft account and provide your name, e-mail address and country.
- You are required to activate the product online within 10 days after installing.
- Once the evaluation is installed, you cannot upgrade. To revert to a previous version of Windows, you must do a clean install from your original installation media.
To know more about Windows 8 Enterprise 90-day trial edition and to download it click here.