High-resolution large screen picture and high-quality powerful sound deliver an immersive experience, offering new ways for customers to enjoy television
Sony Corporation (“Sony”) today announced that it will begin the phased launch of its latest BRAVIA LCD television, the KD-84X9005, in all global regions from the end of the year. The new BRAVIA boasts a 4K (3840 x 2160) LCD panel, in the industry’s largest 84-inch class and incorporates Sony’s ‘4K X-Reality PRO’ super-resolution high picture quality engine. This formidable combination seamlessly delivers a high-resolution large-screen picture with high-quality powerful sound to provide viewers with immersive experiences, unlike anything offered by existing televisions.
This new 4K TV comes equipped with a 4K LCD panel comprising approximately 8.29 megapixels which is 4 times the resolution of Full HD standard, and incorporates ‘4K X-Reality PRO’, Sony’s super-resolution high picture quality engine optimized for 4K LCD TV. This engine is capable of reproducing a variety of content with different resolutions, such as HD digital broadcasts or Blu-ray discs content, into stunningly crisp, high-quality images with 4K resolution. Viewers will not be bothered by the pixels and notice images are breathtakingly realistic and beautifully clear with the 60-degree viewing angle, even if they sit as much as half the distance to the screen, as compared to when viewing Full HD (for which distance equal to 3 times the screen height is recommended).
Powerful, high-resolution large-screen picture
- The 4K (3840 x 2160) LCD panel boasts four times the pixels of Full HD, achieving 52ppi (pixels per inch) even ona large 84 inch high-resolution screen.
- Industry’s largest-class 84 inch 4K LCD panel
- ‘4K X-Reality PRO’ super-resolution high picture quality engine
- The 84 inch 4K panel and ‘4K X-Reality PRO’ super-resolution processing enables the viewer to enjoy 3D footage in high picture quality that exceeds Full HD resolution. The KD–84X9005 4K TV upscales ‘Blu-ray 3D’ Full-HD resolution 3D images to 4K (3840 x 2160) images
- “PlayMemories Studio,” a special PlayStation®3 software, makes organizing, editing and viewing videos and photos as easy and intuitive as playing a game.
High-quality Powerful sound
- ‘10 Unit Live Speaker’ System – This three-way 10-speaker system (total output 50W) is installed along the sides of the 4K TV towards the viewer, and is optimized for large-screen TVs.
- Advanced signal-processing technology – The 4K TV incorporates Sony’s original ‘Clear Phase technology’ to realize the reproduction of natural sound with high resemblance to the original sound as well as clear sound localization.
- ‘S-Force Front Surround 3D’ creates the virtual 5.1ch surround sound field by only using the front speakers, and enables the viewer to feel enveloped in a three-dimensional sound field.
- Sony will offer a variety of network services through “Sony Entertainment Network (SEN)”. With a single push of the ‘SEN’ button on the remote control, users can easily access services from the ‘“Sony Entertainment Network” Portal,’ a new portal for ‘BRAVIA’ TVs equipped with Internet functionality. Users can quickly and easily enjoy any services they like by simply registering their preferred applications in the “Favorites” list.